Friday, May 28, 2010

Wonderful Wonderful Books!

Every few months I splurge a little and order some books online.  They are discounted as compared to their local bookstore and if I order a certain amount I get free shipping.  Recently I ordered 4 books and I've been really enjoying them all; yes, at the same time!   They are "Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy"  by JJ Virgin, "real food for mother and baby" by Nina Planck, "Fat Flush For Life" by Ann Louise Gittleman,  and 'Forgotten Skills of Cooking" by Darina Allen

I'm almost finished "Six Weeks To Sleeveless and Sexy" by JJ Virgin, who I heard recently interviewed on Underground Wellness Radio (a must listen web radio show!!!).  I especially appreciate her views on exercise which for me are revolutionary.  It's not that they are completely new ideas, but hearing her talk about it was a bit of an 'aha' moment for me.  The book is very simple, easy to read, and gives a basic understanding of health and weight loss.  I would definitely recommend it though probably not as a comprehensive stand alone book, which I'm sure it was not meant to be.  It has a few basic recipes but I think if someone was serious about overhauling their diet they'd want to pick up a few more books to go along with this.  I guess I'd view this book as a great  intro to basic simple changes anyone can begin making when embarking on a new healthy lifestyle.

So that's my little review.  I'll post my thoughts on the other books when I've read more of them, but so far I'm excited about every one of them!  The cookbook literally has me in glorious rapture, I can't even explain the high I get from reading a good cookbook.  I'm really addicted to them (shhh, don't tell anyone) and I can't wait to try some recipes from it.  To give you a little idea of how amazing it is the front cover has a quote from the San Francisco Chronicle "The Julia Child of Ireland" and it's almost 600 pages long.   Doesn't that give you goosebumps??? It will definitely be worthy of a post all its own...

No comments:

Post a Comment